Best 1 Star Single Door Refrigerators In India 2022!
Buyer’s Guide, Review & Recommendation!
Feb 17, 2022 by Trend In Stars team
Small, budget-friendly and energy efficiency are few prefect words to describe Single Door Refrigerator. We analyzed most popular Single Door Refrigerator by their features, functioning, values it offer, purchase trend, reviews etc and came up with the list of best Single Door Refrigerator that you can buy.
What’s In Trend
Let’s first take a look at what latest is happening in the world of Refrigerators and what are all the things we should look for in our purchase so we don’t go off trend.
Inverter Compressor is for better cooling and efficient use of electricity that will save you money in the long run by lowering your electricity bills.
Convertible Refrigerator allows the freezer section to be converted to the fridge when needed or turn off the freezer or fridge section independently when either one is not needed.
The StayCool In Power Cut feature keeps the food and drinks cool for a couple of hours during electricity cuts which is very common in many parts of India.
Smartness is also trending so look for a Wi-Fi enabled Refrigerator that you can connect with your Home Automation System and program/operate from anywhere using your Smartphone.
Undoubtedly everyone’s choice of Refrigerator will be different and is generally driven based on features that are actually required and surely money we are willing to spend.So here is the list of best and currently trending Single Door Refrigerators available in the market.
1 Samsung 1 Star 192 litres: RR19T21CARH/NLThis Samsung's Direct Cool Refrigerator comes with unique and innovative design, Stabilizer free operation Protects the refrigerator from power fluctuations. The Stabilizer Free Operation keeps it working steadily and reliably. It comes with a Vege Box, which eases your work by letting you store vegetables and fruits in one section. Also, you won’t have to take out the leftover food items from the kadhai or pressure cooker and keep them in smaller bowls, as you can directly place these big utensils on the Toughened Glass Shelves
- Popularity:- This Samsung RR19T21CARH/NL model is one of Amazon's Best Selling Single Door Refrigerators and it is currenly 166th best selling Refrigerators in india.
- Satisfaction:- 516 verified buyers peronally used it and overall loved this Samsung RR19T21CARH/NL model as the review rating of 4.1 out of 5 suggests.
- Performance:- People who used it have very good and positive sentiment towards this product and different aspects of it. Level of satisfaction towards this product is clearly reflecting from the review comments added by the verified buyers. The aspect people like the most is its Value for Money.
- Runs on Home Inverter+- In India, power cuts are common across regions. Smart Connect Inverter refrigerators run even during power cuts, making sure your food always remains as fresh as ever.
- Runs on Solar Energy- Protect the environment with Solar Panel generated electricity within 100v - 300v of voltage range. Current and Voltage in the batteries is regulated by the solar charge controller. And in the evening, stored energy in the batteries is used by the SPCU to run the refrigerator.
- Anti Bacterial Gasket- An Anti Bacterial Gasket helps keep the door liner clean and prevents the build-up of fungi and bacteria inside the refrigerator. So everything is more hygienic and food is less likely to go off quickly.
- Stylish Crown Design- Has a truly distinctive Crown design that is available in a choice of various colors. It’s softly curved, round-top shape and clean lines, without any extra doors, add a sleek and elegant look to your kitchen.
- Stabilizer Free Operation (130V - 300V)- Protect the refrigerator from power fluctuations. The Stabilizer Free Operation keeps it working steadily and reliably. If the voltage increases too much it automatically cuts the power to prevent electrical damage.
- Safe clean Back- Its Safe Clean Back is a smooth safety cover for its internal vital components that can be easily wiped clean. It also looks neat and provides added durability by protecting them from accidental bumps and knocks.
- Toughened Glass Shelves- The Big Bottle Guard is deeper than shelves found in conventional refrigerators. You can store big containers of milk and juice in the door, along with two rows of beverage cans and bottles.
- More Bottle Space Deep Door Guard- A Deep Door Guard can safely store larger bottles, bulky cartons of milk and juice and more beverage items without wasting space. It can fit in three 2L bottles and a 1L in the door at the same time.
- Clear view Lamp- Your food and fresh stuffs are now much easier to find with safe and power efficient brighter lamp inside the fridge.
- Freezer Room- Delivers a rapid cooling performance to preserve food’s freshness, chill drinks and make more ice. At the touch of a button, Power Cool chills food in the fridge 31% faster and Power Freeze makes ice 31% faster.
- Recess Handle- Recessed handles and hidden hinges provide a touch of elegant minimalism that complements any modern decor.
- Vege Box- A large capacity Vege box provides a convenient space to store all of your fresh vegetables and fruit. And because it's so big it's much easier to find everything you use every day, as they're all in one place.
Popularity compared to its alternatives
Alternatives with similar features
What do people say **
- "Classy product"
- "Does the job"
- "Nice product"
- "Highly recommended"
- "Pretty good"
Single door refrigerators are a very common refrigerators in India and they often enough for small family. A single door refrigerator comes with capacity anywhere between 50 liters to 270 liters and are most energy efficient in refrigerators.
Star Rating represents energy efficiency of a Refrigerator and it is measured on a scale of 1 to 5 stars, with five stars meaning that it's extremely efficient and it will contribute less to electricity bill amount. Considering the fact that the Refrigerator is going to run round the clock and throughout the year, its Star Rating is going to have a significant impact on electricity consumption and money you spend in electricity bills. So one should prefer to go with a higher Energy Star Rating if budget permits.
To add more to it, Energy Rating is issued by Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), an Indian governmental agency working under the Ministry of Power. There are different parameters and formulas used to calculate base value that decides the Energy Rating for different types of Appliances but going that deep is really not necessary for us.
The only thing that matters to us is the total power consumed by a Refrigerator in a year, for that look for "Electricity Consumption" value given on Star Label. But remember one thing that the electricity efficiency of Refrigerators with the same Energy Rating may vary based on model and brand.
For example, LG's 260L 3-Star models GL-I292RPZL and GL-I292RPZX have different "Electricity Consumption" 194 and 198 units respectively even if they have the same Energy Rating.
Similarly Samsung 192L 2-Star (RR19A241BGS/NL) and Haier 192L 2-Star (HED-191TDS) have different "Electricity Consumption" 203 and 210 units respectively.
So it is better to compare Refrigerators based on Energy Star Rating and "Electricity Consumption" both before making the final purchase.
When looking for a new Refrigerator, the first thing to consider is the capacity requirement. The capacity requirement may vary according to the family size and purpose of use in some cases. Also look at the fact that the Refrigerator that we are going to buy today will be used for at least a coming decade and your capacity requirement may go up during its lifespan.
Another fact to consider is that Refrigerator Capacity is the sum of fridge and freezer capacity so make the choice wisely depending on your freezer needs or eating habits. Dezzert lovers or non-vegetarian families may prefer to go for Refrigerator that offers more Freezer space whereas vegetarian families will prefer more fridge space for storing veggies and drinks.
Below are approximate capacities of the refrigerators as per family size :
- Bachelors or Couples: 50 liters – 200 liters
- Family of 3-4 members: 250 liters – 300 liters
- Family of 4-5 members: 300 liters – 350 liters
- Family of 6 or more members: 350 liters – 500 liters
Compressor is the main part of the Refrigerator's cooling system and it maintains the required temperatures inside the Refrigerator. There are two types of compressors available in Refrigerators in Indian market. Generally the basic General Compressor is found in small Refrigerators and are comparatively cheaper.
General Compressor - These compressors start running only when temperature inside the Refrigerator goes below the lower threshold level and stops when required level of cooling is reached. Whenever they run, they start off at very high speeds and continue running at a constant speed and hence make noise.
Inverter Compressor - Inverter compressors on other hand runs continuously and adjust its speed speed depending on the amount of cooling required to achieve desired temperature. This makes them silent and more energy-efficient. Inverter Compressors need less maintenance and also extend the compressor's life .
Advantages of Inverter Compressor:
- Silent operation
- Less electricity consumption
- Superior and consistent cooling
- Less maintenance
- Long durability
- Compatible with Home Inverter or Solar Power system
Disadvantages of Inverter Compressor:
- Only disadvantage of Inverter Compressor is its high Initial cost which gets compensated by lowered electricity bill in the long run.
This is one of the most practical features available in Refrigerators which allow you to convert and control the Freezer and Fridge compartments of refrigerator separately as per then need of the season or your own circumstances. This feature not just allows use of entire Refrigerator volume efficiently but also saves on electricity and maintenance charges.
Take an example of Samsung's convertible Refrigerator. This model offers 5-in-1 Convertible feature that allow you to configure and use the Fridge and Freezer as per your needs . It allows freezer section to be converted to the fridge if you are required to store extra fruits and vegetables into it.You can even turn off the freezer or fridge section independently when either one is not needed.
This feature makes more sense to the families who are vegetarian and do not need a freezer that often. Or to a family whose size is not the same throughout the year like older kids or extended family members are out for study or business purposes.
More and more brands are offering this feature in their new models and one should prefer to buy a model with this feature if budget permits.
Smart Wi-Fi Enabled
A Smart Refrigerator is one that is Wi-Fi enabled and connected to the internet. Smart Refrigerators come with several practical and convenient features that add a little bit of luxury to your everyday life. At a very basic level, most Smart Refrigerators offer an app that you can install on a smart phone and monitor or control different features of it.
For example, LG's Double Door and Side-By-Side Smart Refrigerators allow you to monitor and adjust the temperature of Freezer or Fridge section separately using its ThinQ App. Same app also allows to run diagnosis incase of any issues and let the technical support team provide precise and quick solutions to the problems using it.
Samsung took the Smartness of Refrigerator to a whole new level and made it the Refrigerator of the future with internal cameras, voice control, touchscreen with loaded app that let you do Food Management, Make and receive phone calls, watch videos and recipes, listen to Music and Radio, maintain Memo, To Do, Shopping List and a lot more.
There are many benefits that a Smart Refrigerator will bring to your family and make your daily life much easier. So it upto you to see if you like to go for a Smart Refrigerator to add luxury to your everyday life at little extra price.
The Water Dispenser makes it super convenient to dispense chilled water without having to open the Refrigerator.
Ice DispenserThe Ice Dispenser makes it super convenient to dispense Ice without having to open the Refrigerator.
Brands In Trend
Ever wondered which all brands are selling Single Door Refrigerators in india? Here is list of Top Single Door Refrigerators brands available in india
Headquarter: South Korea
Samsung is a South Korean company forayed in the electronics industry in 1969 and its first electronic product was a black-and-white television.
Service and Maintenance
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are looking to buy Refrigerator for small family which is budget friendly in terms of initial and operating cost then Single Door Refrigerator is best for you.